When to consult a psychiatrist?
Consult your psychiatrist if you , your friend or your relative is suffering from any of symptoms mentioned below for more than 15 days & if it is causing impairment in your work performance or making it difficult for you to fulfill your responsibilities in social , personal & family life.
- Sleep disturbances, inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, early morning awakening, frightening dreams, bed wetting in children.
- Sadness or depressed mood , lack of interest in pleasurable activities , feeling angry , weakness , guilt , crying spells , suicidal ideation or plans , hopelessness
- Excessive worries, anxiety palpitation, trembling, sweating, irrational fear of situation events or places
- Repeated hand washing, checking door knobs or stove or electric switches, fear of dirt or germs, fear of developing some serious illness, unwanted & unpleasant sexual or aggressive thoughts or impulses.
- Hearing nasty voices, suspecting that somebody may kill you or planning to harm you, doubting on the character of spouse without cause, social withdrawl , irrelevant talks, muttering, aggressive behavior, neglect of hygiene & self care.
- Excessive & rapid speech , falsely believing that he / she has special powers or is a special person , irritability, being socially irresponsible or sexually inappropriate, spending money foolishly .
- Sudden loss of body function like loss of voice, sight or ability to walk , convulsion or fits (without any medical cause).
- Sexual dysfunction - reduced sexual drive, inability to get full erection & pre-mature ejaculation.
- Behavior problem in children, hyperactivity, attention deficit, impulsivity